The First Annual Wildlife & Outdoor Expo will be held in Bethel, Missouri on Labor Day – September 2, 2019. The village of Bethel is a historical German Colony located in Northeast Missouri. Several of the original Colony homes are still in existence. A variety of visitors make their way to Bethel throughout the year
This part of the state has become a very popular destination for hunters and outdoor enthusiasts. Within the Village of Bethel you will find historic residences and a hotel which offer bed and breakfast. These rooms are normally booked solid during the fall hunting season. Bethel is located just 45 minutes from Mark Twain Lake, an 18,600-acre lake ideal for a day on the water. Also, enjoy equestrian trails, walking trails, and sleeping under the stars. The lake offers great fishing; known for crappie and bass tournaments.
The Wildlife & Outdoor Expo will highlight a variety of exhibitors and vendors showcasing such items as: hunting products and accessories, clothing, a variety of ATV’s and UTV’s, food plot management and equipment, and outdoor related crafts for purchase. Educational seminars will be offered including trophy buck scoring, food plot management, and information from the Missouri Department of Conservation. You will be able to hear a National Champion turkey caller. There will be opportunities to learn about and participate in wild game cooking. To test your shooting skills, participate in a 3D shoot.
This will be a family-oriented event as there will be games and activities for kids and adults. Enjoy the “Cutest Kid in Camo” contest or enter the Wildlife and Outdoor photography contest. Please make plans to attend this educational and entertaining event on September 2nd, Labor Day 2019.
If you have something that is wildlife/outdoor related, consider being a vendor or exhibitor at the first annual Wildlife & Outdoor Expo to be held September 2, 2019, in Bethel, MO. Participants are welcome to simply showcase or market and sell merchandise. We will provide booth space inside the Colony Barn or inside one of our Colony buildings along Main Street. If you have equipment or sport utility vehicles, there will be ample space outside adjacent to the Colony Barn.
There is no fee for you to set up a booth inside or outside. Our goal right now is to encourage as many vendors and exhibitors as possible to participate in our expo. There will be opportunities to help support the expo if you have interest in doing so. We will conduct a silent auction of products appropriate for outdoor activities. If you would like to donate something for the auction we would certainly appreciate it. All proceeds from the auction will go to support the Expo. Some of the donated items might be used as prizes for the games and contest mentioned on the flyer. We will be renting a tent to use for some of the events and seminars. If you would like to make a monetary donation to sponsor the tent we would advertise that sponsorship. Of course, this is a voluntary option – the important thing is that you make plans to attend.
If your company or business would be interested in presenting a 10-20 minute seminar providing product information or instruction, that would be welcomed. Indicate your interest when you contact us.
We are very excited about the potential for this new event. Hunting and other outdoor activities are very popular in this part of the country. It is our hope that this expo would offer something for the entire family. We want to offer interesting things to see, education on a variety of outdoor topics, and entertainment for everyone attending. We know that your participation would certainly enhance those outcomes. If you have questions contact Larry Smoot at 660-651-0259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cutest Kid in Camo ContestKids are invited to put on their camo outfits for the Cutest Kid in Camo Contest at the 1st Annual Wildlife & Outdoor Expo in Bethel, Missouri on Labor Day September 2, 2019. The fun will begin on stage at 2:00 p.m. and is open to boys and girls ages 2 to 7 years old. There will be four classes: girls ages 2-4, girls ages 5-7, boys ages 2-4, boys ages 5-7. Contest entry is FREE. All participants are asked to pre-register between 12:00 and 1:00 p.m. on September 2. Registration will take place at the information desk in the Colony Park. Cutest Kid in Camo contest is sponsored by NX Level
- Wildlife Photography
- Wild Game Cook-Off
HOW TO ENTER THE WILD GAME COOKING CONTEST
- Fill out entry form.
- Food dish and entry form must be submitted to contest official by 11:00 AM Monday, September 2.
- Food may be prepared on site or carried in. Either way comply with #2
- A first place trophy will be awarded plus a cash prize of $50; 2nd place – $20; 3rd place $10
- For information contact Rodney Carr at 314-495-1782 or e-mail email@example.com
- Enter your antlered mount in the Trophy Buck Contest for a chance to win a Muddy Ladder Stand.
- Register your entry at the HCO Booth (located inside the Colony Barn) between 9am and noon they day of the event.
- Entries will be displayed on the Colony Barn wall behind the booth.
- Judging will start at 12:30pm, and the winner will be announced by Denny Stiner from the stage before he speaks at 1pm.
Info & Exhibits
- Deer and Turkey Calling Seminar by Billy Yargus at 10am
- As a competitive turkey caller, Billy has won many championships including N.W.T.F. Grand National title in 2008, Mid America Open 3 times, U.S. Open, the Missouri State championship 3 times, 2 World Championship titles in the Two Man Team Challenge, and many other titles since his first calling contest in 1996.
- Big Game Hunting Seminar by Denny Stiner at 1pm
- Denny is a bowhunter with more than 45 years of hunting whitetails in his home state of Illinois. He has hunted all across the US and Canada,and in the past few years has extended his bow hunting to South Africa, Namibia, Congo, and Argentina.
- 3D Archery Shoot, 8am to noon
- Salt River Outdoors is sponsoring a shoot on September 2nd from 8am to noon. Cost for adults is $10 for 10 targets (50% payback) or $1 for 3 shots in the long shoot (50% payback). The shoot will be located behind Mesmer Fertilizer here in Bethel.
- Trophy Scoring
- Food Plot Development & Maintenance
- Predator Control
- Wildlife Related Crafts
- ATV’s & UTV’s
- Hunting Equipment
- Mexico Bassmasters –
If you are interested in participating as a vendor or sponsor, contact Larry Smoot.